see:detail is a trading name of Autism Works Ltd. Autism Works Ltd is a not for profit trading subsidiary of Education and Services for People with Autism Ltd (ESPA). Autism Works conforms to ESPA's Data Registration Policy and Procedures.
Please read this policy carefully to understand our practices and your rights regarding your personal information.
What sort of data do we collect?
Automatically Collected Information:
Use of Personal Information:
Lawful Basis for Processing Personal Information
Sharing and Disclosure of Personal Information:
Make a complaint:
The data controller for the personal information collected and processed through our website is Education and Services for People with Autism, Registered Charity No. 1037868 in the United Kingdom.
We may collect personal information directly from you when you voluntarily provide it to us, such as when you fill out forms on our website, subscribe to our newsletter, make donations, or engage in other activities on our website. The types of personal information we may collect include:
- Contact information (email address, phone number, mailing address)
- Demographic information
- Donation history
- Communication preferences
When you visit our website, we may automatically collect certain information through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies. This information may include:
- IP address
- Device and browser information
- Website usage data
- Referral source
We use the personal information we collect for the following purposes:
- To communicate with you and respond to your inquiries or requests.
- To process and acknowledge donations made to the Charity.
- To provide you with information about our activities, events, and fundraising campaigns.
- To improve our website, services, and user experience.
- To comply with legal obligations.
We will only process your personal information when we have a lawful basis to do so. The lawful bases for processing personal information include:
- Your consent: We will seek your consent for certain types of processing activities.
- Performance of a contract: Processing necessary for the performance of a contract between you and the Charity.
- Legitimate interests: Processing necessary for our legitimate interests, provided that such interests are not overridden by your rights and interests.
- Legal obligations: Processing necessary to comply with our legal obligations.
We do not sell, trade, or rent your personal information to third parties. However, we may share your personal information in the following circumstances:
- With trusted service providers who assist us in operating our website and providing our services, subject to appropriate data protection obligations.
- With third-party processors who handle donations on our behalf, in accordance with relevant payment card industry standards.
- In response to a legal request, such as a court order or government investigation, or to exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
- To protect the rights, property, or safety of the Charity, its employees, volunteers, or website users.
We will retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes outlined in this policy, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law. When we no longer require your personal information, we will securely delete or anonymize it.
We implement appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, no method of transmission over the internet or electronic storage is completely secure, and we cannot guarantee absolute security.
You have certain rights regarding your personal information under applicable data protection laws, including:
- The right to access and obtain a copy of your personal information.
- The right to rectify or update any inaccurate or incomplete personal information.
- The right to erase your personal information, subject to legal obligations.
- The right to restrict or object to the processing of your personal information.
- The right to withdraw your consent at any time, where we rely on consent as the lawful basis for processing.
- The right to lodge a complaint with the ICO or another supervisory authority.
To exercise your rights or request more information about the personal information we hold about you, please contact us using the details provided below.
Data Protection Officer
Education and Services for People with Autism
Tyne and Wear
Tel: 0191 516 5080
If you think your data has been misused or that we have not kept it secure, please contact us in the first instance.
However, if you’re unhappy with our response, you can make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) :
Information Commissioner’s Office
Wycliffe House Water Lane
Telephone: 0303 123 1113